Monday, November 23, 2009

New Chapter





     Through no fault of my own, and without provocation or request, I was surgically inserted into this world in the Autumn of 1973.  As it turns out, I am the son of a Viet Nam veteran father from Omaha, Nebraska and a Danish immigrant mother, who were never meant to be together in the first place, and later, you will understand why this is actually a good thing.

     My friends in the blogosphere, the paragraph above is a rough draft first paragraph of the book I have decided to write titled, Fatherless To Fatherhood.  Don't get me wrong, I've had a stepfather who is the most amazing man I have ever had the privilege to know, but I didn't always recognize that fact and I didn't always give him a fair chance.  For the details of it all, I guess you will have to wait until I get it all down. 

     The book will take you on a journey through a rough beginning, an amazing mother who gave her all to do it on her own, an absent father, and the promise to oneself to not let the cycle repeat itself.

     I am hoping that there are people out there who can relate to this story and how one chooses to deal with their circumstances.  I will post a page here and there for input and constructive criticism and together I think we can make this project amazing. 



7 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing. I am the daughter of a Vietnam vet, a career military man actually, and so he was also absent a lot, in more ways than one. Looking forward to hearing more of your tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'vemade more progress on yours than I have on mine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate, but for me it was an absentee mother. I finally got my amazing step mother at age 7, but was not kind to her for a great many years.

    Can't wait, hurry up! Type as fast as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post!!!!!
    please visit me back!!!!!

    Culture of Indonesia

    thankzzzz......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice start--I was disappointed not to read more right away. I began my blog (the "Brook" one, not "Really") along with my brother Gary (who is responsible for leading me to your blog), to accomplish the same goal. As we spoke of childhood memories, we'd realize how very different our perspectives were of the same accounts. So we decided to blog separately and critique each other, and maybe, someday, publish.

    I very much look forward to riding along with you on your journey...

    ReplyDelete
  6. talked to you last night about John. Everything sounds good. As for the whole mom thing. Man Mrs. Susie deserves a freakin life time achievement award or something. Having to put up with you.lol. Looking forward to it brotha. G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, one paragraph and I'm hooked.
    Next?

    (Good for you, writing a book. I'm a little jealous. Maybe just green with envy...)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete